Getting married away is becoming more and more popular for several reasons:
- It is less costly than a traditional marriage for the bride and groom
- It allows you to spend several days, rather than a few hours, with friends and family
- It takes much of the stress out of the planning
- It combines your honeymoon and your wedding in an idyllic setting
Where do you start planning your trip of a lifetime?
- By working with Romance and Foodie Travel’s Destination Wedding Specialists, of course!
Why work with Romance and Foodie Travel?
- Several members of our team are specialists in destination weddings and romance travel, having helped plan travel for over 150 destination weddings and honeymoons
- We have travelled to many of the top romantic destinations around the world and visited many of the top hotels and wedding coordinators
- While we are a small family business who CARES about your wedding and making sure it is the best experience for you and your friends and family, we are also affiliated with a multi‐billion dollar global travel marketing organization that has a network of 5,700 independent travel agencies with a long‐ standing relationships with top suppliers in every travel segment, translating to some of the largest buying power in the industry
- We hold several certifications and destination specialist courses – for a list of countries visited and specialties, click HERE
- We have a large network of contacts both locally and abroad who specialize in products and services especially for wedding couples
We’re here for you – before, during and after your trip providing:
- Emergency service 24/7
- Before, during and after‐travel resolution assistance on those occasions something should go awry – Hurricanes, Pandemics, airport shutdown/delays, etc
- Financial Protection - money paid to Romance and Foodie Travel, is protected because we are registered through TICO, Ontario’s Provincial Travel Industry Act enforcers
- Resources - we use many resources over and above the internet such as: travel courses and seminars, familiarization trips, clients reports, tourist board information, supplier opinions and reports from governments, travel advisory firms and even supplier competitors
Is using a travel professional more costly than researching your own trip on the internet?
- The Internet is terrific for research, but beware of photos that misrepresent, websites that misrepresent and sell travel without the human touch, leave you on your own to figure it out, with nobody to reach out to should anything go wrong, this can result in a very costly mistake and a subpar vacation experience.
Here’s how our services provide a carefree wedding:
- We’ll create your own private page on our website just for your guests highlighting travel details, including photos of you and your fiancé, the hotel or ship, trip pricing and how to book
- We’ll inform you of the country’s marriage legalities, rules, regulations and any documentation requirements, including translations
- Insurance discussion with each of your guests to make sure their health and investment is protected
- We’ll make sure you and your guest have the correct travel requirements (How to obtain passports, visas and tourist cards, Single parent/guardian travel requirements, Health requirements such as: Vaccines, anti‐malaria/diarrhea, Security issues
- Advise on any Travel advisories and specific entry requirements for your destination, along with re-entry to Canada requirements
- On‐Site Wedding Coordination Liaison – We’ll connect you with the onsite coordinator and help ensure smooth communication for services such as flowers, photography, décor, etc.
What are some of the benefits to travelling as a group?
- The biggest one ‐ besides the camaraderie – as the bride and groom you can often travel at discount (sometimes free) and your guests will receive discounts and group benefits as well
- We know the best tour operator/cruise ship group promotions
- We’ll negotiate your group contracts to ensure your friends and family can actually get there and not face a sold‐out situation
- Making sure payment deadlines are met so you can plan with your coordinator based on an accurate guest count (we'll update you regularly on your rooming list)
- All participants are coordinated, have the correct documentation & insurance
What is this expertise going to cost you?
Our research, group coordination & consulting fee starts from $495 + HST, payable once we’ve had our initial zoom consultation and we feel we are a right fit to work together.
Please schedule your zoom consultation with one our specialists below – we look forward to working with you soon!